You may qualify for a life-changing procedure if you:
- Have severe arthritis or irreversible damage from fractures, torn cartilage and/or torn ligaments
- Struggle with daily functions like getting out of chairs or walking up and down stairs
- Are unable to sleep at night due to pain
- Haven't found relief with anti-inflammatory/pain medication or physical therapy
Considering joint replacement surgery? We know it may seem overwhelming. That's why at Easton Hospital, our JointWorks! program is designed to make the journey a little easier. Patients in the program - or 'campers', as we affectionately call them - recover from surgery in the comfort of their own private room. During their stay, they have access to physical and occupational therapy, as well as special amenities like plush robes, daily inspirational newsletters, a special lunch, and even a putting green, to make their experience as enjoyable and productive as possible.
In just three steps, we'll see you through every phase of care, from pre-op education through your last inpatient therapy session.
- Discovery: A few weeks before your surgery, you'll attend a class with your group. There, you'll have the opportunity to meet members of your care team; learn about your procedure, hospital stay and postoperative care; plan for a smooth transition home.
- Surgery: On the big day, your surgeon will make sure you're comfortable, and review what to expect before, during and immediately after your procedure.
- Recovery: Finally, you'll spend a few days recovering in our dedicated orthopedic unit.
Experts estimate that nearly 80 percent of U.S. men and women will be affected by back and neck pain at some point in their lives. If you're struggling with recent or persistent pain, Easton Hospital's Comprehensive Spine Management Center can help you find relief.
At Easton Hospital the focus isn't just on treating your symptoms - it's about pinpointing the source of the pain and helping prevent it from reoccurring. Based on your specific diagnosis, we'll customize our 3 Ways 2 Heal methodology to meet your needs:
- Way 1 - Physical Therapy: Easton Hospital therapists use the McKenzie Method, which offers a mechanical diagnosis that targets the cause of your pain.
- Way 2 - Pain Management: To assist with rehabilitation, pain management physicians will identify the source of your pain and methods to help lessen it.
- Way 3 - Surgery: We always start with a non-surgical approach to care. But if those methods do not ease the issue, surgery may be your best remedy. The surgeon specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery, including pain in the sacroiliac joint (SI) joint. It's common for this pain to mimic disc or low back pain, which may lead to unnecessary lumbar spine surgery.
Rehabilitation & Therapy
Working closely with you and your physician, your rehabilitation team will design a tailor-made treatment plan to help relieve your pain and restore greater strength, function and mobility. And we place special focus on education, arming you with smart strategies to help avoid re-injury.
- Physical Therapy: We provide comprehensive exercise, strength, and conditioning therapies for severe arthritis, multiple orthopedic traumas and other bone and joint injuries. The team also includes specialized spine therapists trained to help relieve neck and back pain.
- Occupational Therapy: We'll help you regain the ability to perform daily activities following an illness or injury; home living situations are simulated for activities such as bathing, grooming, meal planning and housekeeping.
- Post-Operative Therapy: If you're hospitalized following surgery like joint replacement, you'll be seen by a physical therapist in the comfort of your private room. We often will have you out of bed the same as surgery in a comfortable recliner. As you recover, you'll join fellow patients each day for group therapy, where you can root each other on.