Sharon Regional Medical Center's Diabetes Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and offers individualized treatment programs and education for those with:
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Pregnancy-related diabetes
Our specialized treatment team provides a person with diabetes and their families with the following services:
- Person with diabetes education
- Insulin pump therapy
- Person with diabetes nutritional counseling
- Person with diabetes counseling through Behavioral Health Services Classes and Programs
The Diabetes Center offers daytime and evening self-management classes that focus on blood glucose monitoring, meal planning, physical activity, goal setting to promote health, and preventing complications. A physician referral is required to attend.
- January 26th, 2021 from 10am-12noon. The class is a series of 4 classes and will be limited to 5 individuals to allow for social distancing:
- January 26th - Class 1: What is Diabetes – Medications used – Using a Glucose meter
- February 2 - Class 2: Healthy Eating with Diabetes – all you need to know about food
- February 9th – More eating tips along with preventing complications with diabetes
- February 16th – Putting it all together – What support is available – Navigating Insurance
- Individuals may attend 1 or more of the sessions. An order is required from your physician as this service is billed to your insurance.
For questions, call 724-983-7324.
Support Group for Individuals with Diabetes and their families is available.
For more information please call 724-983-7324.