Western Reserve Health Education (WRHE) Celebrates 20 Resident Graduates and Welcomes 25 New Residents to the Program
Western Reserve Health Education (WRHE), a teaching affiliate of Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Sharon Regional Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, recently celebrated 20 graduating residents. The graduation was held on Friday, June 17th at Leo’s Ristorante. The residents represented several specialty areas including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Surgery. During the ceremony, awards were given out to the following residents and faculty members:
- 1st Place: Karla Luketic, MD, MPH, Surgery
- 2nd Place: Shyam Poudel, MD, Internal Medicine
- 3rd Place: Noha Soror, MD, Internal Medicine
Quality & Performance Improvement Award
- 1st Place: Joseph Miladore, MD, Family Medicine
- 2nd Place: Emma Sayre, MD, Family Medicine
- 3rd Place: Ravi Patel, MD, Family Medicine and Sajni Patel, MD, Family Medicine
Case Reports Award
- 1st Place: Allen Tsai, MD, Surgery
- 2nd Place: Nimit Dalal, MD, Internal Medicine
- 3rd Place: Ruben Neris, MD, Surgery
Above & Beyond Faculty Award
- Shyam Bhakta, MD, Interventional Cardiologist at Trumbull Regional Medical Center
Healing Heart Heroes
- Arooj Ahmed, MD, Internal Medicine
- Poonam Choudhry, MD, Internal Medicine
- Sonali Koirala, MD, Internal Medicine
- Love Shah, MD, Internal Medicine
- Krutarth Pandya, MD, Internal Medicine
- Janki Patel, MD, Internal Medicine
- Pratik Saha, MD, Internal Medicine
- Roshani Shrestha, MD, Internal Medicine
- Muhammad Fahad Khalid, MD, Internal Medicine
- Rebecca Myers, Research RN
Core Competency Awards (Internal Medicine)
- Patient Care: Arooj Ahmed, MD
- Medical Knowledge: Shyam Poudel, MD
- Practice Based Learning Improvement: Frank Santana Martinez, MD
- Interpersonal and Communications: Noha Soror, MD
- Professionalism: Rajvee Patel, MD, and Subarna Gautam, MD
- System Based Learning: Parth Shah, MD
“We are very proud of our residents and all they have achieved during the course of their residency training” said Kimberly Howe, PhD, FCCM, President and Designated Institutional Official WRHE. “The past two years have brought forth many challenges in health care, but our residents remained focused and worked together as a team to provide the highest quality of care to all our patients. We are fortunate to have our partnership with Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Sharon Regional Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital and I am confident that the hands-on experience the residents have received at these facilities will allow them to go on and make outstanding contributions in health care,” said Howe.
On Thursday, June 30th WRHE welcomed 25 new physician residents into the program. The new residents began practicing under the supervision of board-certified physician faculty and advanced resident physicians. These new resident physicians were selected after a rigorous vetting and interview process of the more than 8,000 applications from U.S. medical students and physicians from around the world.
The WRHE residency programs are accredited to host up to 72 residents and provide supervised inpatient care in our affiliated Steward hospitals and outpatient care at our community-based clinics. WRHE consists of several departments that foster medical education: Graduate Medical Education, Continuing Medical Education, Undergraduate Medical Education, Research, and the Health Science Library. WRHE’s mission is to provide lifelong learning opportunities for physicians and health care professionals in all areas of clinical care and research by providing diverse educational activities that aim to increase knowledge, attitude, and skills, enhance practice performance, and improve the health status of our patients and the communities we serve.
WRHE was the first organization to offer residency programs in the greater Youngstown/Warren area and has a long history in graduate medical education that began in the late 1800’s with just three residents. Now, the program educates over 80 house staff in five residency and fellowship programs and offers residency and fellowship experiences at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Sharon Regional Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, major teaching facilities for NEOMED, with diverse patient populations and outstanding faculty.
Western Reserve Health Education, as well as Trumbull Regional, Sharon Regional, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, wish the graduating residents all the best in their future endeavors and welcome the 121st class of residents new.